In a chaotic world in which you may feel like you are pulled in dozens of directions, professional mindfulness therapy can be the wave of calm and clarity you need. Whether your struggle is depression, anxiety, sleep problems, relationship problems, anger, binge-eating, or another emotional issue, mindfulness is proving to be an effective therapy for clients of all ages and in all stages of life.
At Positive Living Psychotherapy, we are pleased to offer this form of counseling to our clients. Our Dr. Maureen Keown provides this fusion of cognitive therapy, stress reduction and meditation to engage clients in relaxation techniques that facilitate a higher level of self-awareness and focus on the present.
What Can You Expect from Mindfulness Counseling?
If you are considering mindfulness practice, here’s what you can expect from this therapy experience through Positive Living Psychotherapy:
- A safe place to share, be real, and experience quiet and peace.
- Relaxation and meditation techniques designed to help you focus on the present moment and on how your body is feeling, rather than on negative thoughts or ideas.
- The ability to become non-judgmental about yourself and your situation.
- The ability to stay focused on the positive and on solutions rather than being problem-focused.
- Tools to help you incorporate mindfulness techniques into your daily routine, so you can better handle stressors that come your way.
At the heart of mindfulness therapy is the client gaining a deeper understanding of how the mind works, how emotions are connected to the mind, and how to develop skills to better handle these components.
Mastering Mindfulness with Dr. Maureen Keown
Working in the field of psychology since 1996, Dr. Keown is an experienced, licensed clinical psychologist who views each client as an individual capable of living life to the fullest potential. She guides clients into mindfulness practice at a pace that is comfortable for each person.
Dr. Keown’s counseling philosophy is that as you become more aware and self-accepting through mindfulness, you will be able to find a sense of peace and contentment in your life.
To learn more about mindfulness therapy or to schedule a session at Positive Living Psychotherapy, connect with us online now or call 770-552-0333 to schedule your first session.