Are you struggling with mental health concerns but aren’t exactly sure what the problem is? A diagnosis consultation from Positive Living Psychotherapy can help you identify your issues and get on the path to resolution and healing. Our experienced licensed therapists take the time to get to know you, your struggles, and your goals, so you can move forward with confidence.
What Is a Diagnosis Consultation?
A diagnosis consultation for therapy is a meeting between a therapist and client, during which the professional conducts an assessment to determine a diagnosis or potential diagnoses for the client. The consultation usually involves a series of questions and conversations to gather information about the client’s history, symptoms, and current situation.
The purpose of a diagnosis consultation is to provide a starting point for therapy or treatment by identifying the client’s specific mental health needs. Additionally, a diagnosis can help guide the therapist in selecting the most effective treatment approach.
What to Expect from Your Diagnosis Consultation
At Positive Living Psychotherapy, you can count on experiencing a supportive, judgement-free environment during your diagnosis consultation. Here’s what you can expect from the process:
- Intake assessment: Your therapist will ask you a series of questions to gather information about your medical and mental health history, current symptoms, and any other relevant factors that may be contributing to your mental health concerns.
- Diagnostic evaluation: Using the information the therapist gathers during the intake assessment, they will determine whether you meet the criteria for any mental health disorders or conditions. They may also use diagnostic tools, such as standardized questionnaires or assessments, to help with the diagnosis.
- Treatment recommendations: Based on the diagnostic evaluation, your therapist will recommend an appropriate course of treatment. This may include therapy, medication, or a combination of both.
- Discussion of treatment options: Your therapist will discuss the different treatment options available to you, and may make recommendations based on your specific needs and preferences.
- Questions and concerns: During the diagnosis consultation, you will have the opportunity to ask questions and express any concerns you may have about the diagnosis, treatment recommendations, or any other aspects of the consultation.
- Follow-up appointments: Depending on the diagnosis and treatment plan, your therapist may schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your progress and adjust your treatment as necessary.
Schedule Your Consultation at Positive Living Psychotherapy
If you are ready to gain a better understanding of the mental health challenges you face, schedule a diagnosis consultation with Positive Living Psychotherapy. Our qualified therapists provide compassionate care and support throughout the process, so you can feel comfortable and confident as you take this first important step toward healing.
Located in Alpharetta, GA, Dr. Keown is a therapist who will work at a pace that is comfortable for you to reach your personal goals. She creates a friendly, non-judgmental environment that empowers you to succeed in making real and lasting changes in your life.
ERICA Y TAYLOR
Erica is a board-certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner with a master’s from the University of Alabama-Birmingham. Specializing in evidence-based and holistic care, she passionately advocates for individuals with mental disorders through personalized treatment plans.